Spiritual levels of Church
The Revelation of Jesus Christ (1:1) was probably written by the apostle John while in exile on the island of Patmos, off the coast of present-day Turkey. It was addressed to seven actual churches. Revelation begins with letters from Christ Himself to these churches, letters that include commendation, criticism, and comfort. Then comes a long series of visions of judgment on the wicked, all in highly symbolic language. The church is depicted under great distress but is assured of the final triumph of Jesus as “King of kings and Lord of lords” (19:16), bringing to an end the rebellion of humanity and ushering in “a new heaven and a new earth” (21:1), where God Himself will reign forever and ever (11:15). Revelation was probably written in A.D. 95–96.
V: 1-6 Deals with church in Sardis
V: 7-13 Deals with church in Philadelphia
V: 14-22 Deals with church in Laodicea
i) Church in Sardis
- v: 1) Present spiritual condition of the Church
- v: 2) Message to the church from Christ
- v: 3) Remedy for the church
- v: 5) Reward for the church
ii) Church in Philadelphia
- v: 8) Present spiritual condition of the Church
- v: 11) Message to the church from Christ
- v: 12) Reward for the Church
iii) Church in Laodicea
- v: 15) Present spiritual condition of the Church
- v: 15,16,20) Message to the church from Christ.
- v: 21) Reward for the church.
Pr. Rinjo Rajan